Pico di Gallo
In the Mexican cuisine Pico di Gallo is made from chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, serrano peppers, salt and the juice of a key lime. Many restaurants provide it as a side with nachos but Pico di Gallo is traditionally paired with tacos and fajitas. If you really want to kick up this recipe several notches creating a main dish that is out of this wold delicious then add cooked shrimp and make yourself Ceviche!
- 1/2 small red onion - finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato - finely chopped
- 1 handful of cilantro - finely chopped
- Juice of 1/4 of a lime
- (optional) 1/2 jalepeno pepper - seeded and finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and enjoy